Blogger Tricks

Widget

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Vermaelen close to full fitness in big boost for Arsenal

Thomas Vermaelen has revealed he is on the verge of reaching full fitness ahead of a Premier League return for Arsenal.
The Belgian centre-half played almost the entire shift as the Gunners came from behind to defeat Bolton 2-1 in the Carling Cup fourth round last night and indicated that he is almost primed for a league comeback after spending close to two months out with an Achilles injury.
“I feel great, I trained yesterday with the team and I felt good straight away so I felt confident for tonight,” he told the club’s official website.
“Personally I don't believe in that [needing games to regain sharpness]. If I come back from injury after a long time I don't believe in coming back and getting rhythm.
“I think it is just in your head and a mental thing - if you are a football player you have to be there straight away. That's why I wanted to play today and I think it's good.
“It was a good game for us, we fought hard and it was a deserved win for us I think.”


Click here to reach the No1 destination for hard news and exciting gossip on Arsenal
Read more:


0 komentar:

Blogger Themes