Blogger Tricks

Widget

Saturday, September 24, 2011

John's Art: "2001: A Space Odyssey" - Arthur C. Clarke faux book cover


I was making some 2001 artwork and decided to turn it into a faux cover for the Arthur C. Clarke novel. Originally, I was going to have a dream bubble floating up from Hal with an image of Dr. Chandra in it. It would be cute to think that they are equally concerned about each other right? :D. The quote at the bottom is intended to be placed there as some kind of review of the book though it is in fact a quote from the series itself. Also, the basic character model used for Dave Bowman is also the model I've been using to create some artwork for my own book idea. A project which is taking a very,very long time :S

Actually, maybe that series of books and movies has become a bit of an obsession for me. I've watched the movies, particularly 2010, a couple dozen times and in terms of the books I have finished 2001 and 2010 but waiting a while until I start 2061. I think that it would be handy for a long journey and you never know when there might be a need for travel in the near future....

0 komentar:

Blogger Themes